White collar worker
At the SPVM there are nearly a dozen positions that provide essential material support for police operations, such as:
- uniforms and equipment specialist
- graphic artist
- stock keeper
- expert witness mechanic
- For more information about the hiring process for material support staff, please refer to the Selection process section.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS AND TECHNOLOGY
There are many telecommunications and technology positions at the SPVM, and the people in these roles play a crucial part in the police mission.
The civilian employees who occupy these positions have the responsibility for keeping the SPVM at the forefront of technological advances.
Here are a few examples of telecommunications and technology functions within the organization:
- telecommunications technical agent
- emergency call clerk (PCU)
- programmer analyst
- forensic audiovisual technician analyst
- teleinformatics technician
For more information about the hiring process for telecommunications and technology staff, please refer to the Selection process section.
The collective agreement sets out the following stages for filling a position:
- if the positions are not filled by internal candidates, the SPVM may move to the external recruitment stage
- the positions are posted on Montréal website and occasionally in the newspapers
- the eligibility conditions are specified in the job posting
- eligible candidates must qualify for each stage of the hiring process
- the process includes an interview and, depending on the position, various job-specific tests.